Hello ! Welcome to Mr. Ciarlariello's Instrumental Music Page!
Registration for Beginning Instrumental Music is now open! Please be sure to register by Friday, September 8, 2023!
Advanced Instrumental Music
All students who completed Beginning Band as 4th graders will be automatically enrolled in Advanced Band next year! More information will come in September
Don't forget to practice!
Have you practiced today?
Practice is essential! Students should be practicing for a minimum of 10-15 minutes each day. Practice develops muscles in the face (embouchure), and muscle memory in the hands, fingers, and brain. Practice also allows students to become critical thinkers and listeners. Without practice, musical growth becomes impossible as it requires repetition and the development of specialized skills.
What are we going to learn this year?
This year, each student will work to:
1. Develop an appreciation for music.
2. Understand that music is all around us.
3. Read and play the notes on the staff using accurate rhythms.
4. Play instruments with good posture, hand position, and breathing.
5. Properly clean and take care of instruments.
6. Identify and demonstrate elements of good performance etiquette.
Applegarth Elementary School
227 Applegarth Road
Monroe Township, NJ 08831