Welcome to Mrs. Hurley's AM Kindergarten!
Email is the best way to contact me! Email Mrs. Hurley
SUPPLY LIST (2022-2023):
We hope that you are enjoying a wonderful, busy summer with your family and friends! We’re sure you and your parents are excited that you are so grown up and will be entering Kindergarten in September!
There are several things that we would like to tell you about kindergarten:
- First, we’re asking mom and dad to make sure that you bring a nice big backpack to school every day, just like the big kids!
- To keep/important papers neat, you will need THREE 2-pocket folders, labeled with your name and “Mrs. Hurley’s Class”. Plastic folders work best, and stay strong all year.
- We will do lots of writing, so please bring in 10 sharpened pencils, and a separate eraser. If your child prefers the thick pencils, bring those in. Otherwise, regular #2 pencils are perfect!
- Bring in one wide ruled composition notebook (marble book - NOT a spiral book).
- Please also bring 2 LARGE Elmer’s glue sticks and 1 box of Crayola crayons (24).
- Each child will also need to bring in a pack of THIN black dry erase markers.
- Please bring a plastic pencil box (approximately 8 inches by 5 inches) to hold your school supplies.
- To help keep us all healthy, we are asking mom and dad to donate:
- a canister of disinfecting wipes (Clorox or Lysol)
- a pack of baby wipes
- a pump bottle of hand sanitizer
- a large box of soft tissues
- Finally, we are going to tell mom and dad to pack you a (nut-free) snack each day. The snack should be ONE, SMALL food item for you to enjoy during snack time. Examples: cheese stick, small bag of goldfish crackers, granola bar. Don’t forget a water bottle!
Please send all of your school supplies in on the first day of school in a large ziplock bag, labeled with your name and “Mrs. Hurley’s Class”. Classroom supplies (baby wipes, tissue, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes) can be sent gradually during the first week of school.
If you have difficulty obtaining any or all of these items, please let us know! We are very excited to meet you at orientation and hope that you are ready for a fun year in kindergarten!
Your Kindergarten Teacher, Mrs. Hurley
Your Kindergarten Paraprofessional, Mrs. Maria Felice