(Special Education Parent Advisory Group)
Monthly Meetings take place on the 3rd Thursday of each month at the High School Media Center 6:30-8:30pm
* Final SEPAG Meeting of the Year: June 13, 2019 Brookside Media Center 6:30 pm *
Who We Are
MTSEPAG is a parent-led advisory group for the parents/guardians of students receiving special education services. The individuals with Disabilities Education Act encourages parents and educators to work collaboratively, emphasizing that as a team they are uniquely suited to make decisions that help improve the educational experiences and outcomes of children with disabilities. In New Jersey School districts are required to have a SEPAG:
Each Board of Education shall ensure that a special education parent advisory group in in place
in the district to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities.
[New Jersey Administrative Code 6A:14-1.2(h)]
The Purpose of the MTSEPAG: Our Mission
• Facilitate effective and productive communication between parents, students, Special Services Administration, the community and Board of Education members; providing direct input on the policies, programs and practices the impact services and supports for students with disabilities.
• Collaborate with key district and community stakeholders to enhance the quality of special education policies, practices and programs for all students receiving special education services; advising on matters that pertain to education, health and safety for students with special needs.
• Promote inclusion and acceptance of students with special needs and learning challenges in school and extracurricular activities
• Serve as a resource to parents through meetings, workshops and social media presence
How You Can Get Involved
Our SEPAG consists of a minimum of one parent liaison from each school. This also includes parents of students who are in an out of district educational placement. In this volunteer role, parent liaisons serve as a representative of the SEPAG to ensure that the mission of the group is being followed through in their respective schools as well as serve as a representative at PTA/PTO meetings.
Connect with Us
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MonroeTownshipSpecialEducationParentAdvisoryGroup(MTSEPAG)