Welcome to your child’s fifth grade experience! We are very excited to kick off this school year with your child in our classroom! We believe that what happens in this classroom will affect your child’s future. Throughout the course of the school year, your child will learn and grow more and more each day. He or she may even be exhausted from all the thinking done during the day!
Parent communication is valued in this room so it is essential that we are all on the same page from day one. Attached you will find the discipline plan that was discussed with the students in class. We ask that you please take a moment to review our classroom discipline plan. Please sign and submit the google form once you have reviewed this document. This document will remain here for your reference.
We have a fantastic group of students this year and are looking forward to an exciting year ahead! Questions or concerns are always welcomed. We can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you at Back to School Night.
Mrs. Guarino & Mrs. McArdle
Classroom Policies Plan
- We are all here for you – for you to succeed and enjoy this class. Because we care about each of you, we are here to help you. So we will not allow you to do anything that will interfere with your success in the class.
- We will be working together this year. We need to have a class where you can come without fear of being ridiculed or threatened. Because we care about all of you, we will not allow you to do anything that will interfere with someone else who is trying to learn.
- We are the teachers, and we are looking forward to being your teachers this year. We have an exciting year of learning planned for you and we will not allow you to do anything to interfere with our desire to teach you. Nor will we allow you to do anything that will interfere with all of us having an enjoyable year.
- So that you can learn, so that we can learn, so that we can teach, we have a set of rules to ensure that we will have an orderly classroom. Please review these rules with your parents and sign at the bottom of the next page. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Unpack your belongings/decide on lunch for the day.
- Hand in any notes for teachers/main office.
- Begin Do Now for the day that is posted on the board in the Do Now section of your binder.
- Quietly complete the Do Now while the teachers are taking attendance.
End of the Day Routine
- Quietly being writing down your homework in your agenda pad.
- Ask any last questions you may have.
- Double check your to make sure you have all necessary materials needed to complete assignments.
- Quietly wait for dismissal instruction over the loud speaker
- Be Respectful
- to everyone and everything
- Be Responsible
- for your actions – NO EXCUSES!
- Be Prepared
- by entering on time, with all necessary materials
- Be a Role Model
- by setting good examples
- Camera should remain ON at all times (unless otherwise instructed)
- A better learning experience is created when everyone can be seen
- Keep microphone muted during lessons (there will be time for us to have group conversations!)
- This will make it easier for us to hear one another
- You will have the opportunity to unmute for questions/answers
- Find a distraction-free workspace
- Cellphones, TVs, and other electronic devices not needed for school should be powered off during the school day.
- It is recommended to use headphones to help focus
If You Choose To Break A Rule
First Time: Verbal warning/discuss
Second Time: A written description of the behavior and how to show improvement
Third Time: Phone call home.
Fourth Time: Parent-teacher conference
Fifth Time: Send to principal/detention (including any severe disruptions).
- Praise (daily)
- Positive notes home (random)
- Various other positive perks (throughout the school year)
An enjoyable, interesting, and challenging class (each day of the school year)
Test and Quizzes
- Will be graded using percentages
- Will be graded as followed:
- Check ++ = 100
- Check + = 95-90
- Check = 85-80
- Check- = 75-70
- Check- - = 69 and below
- Refer to homework procedure policy
- Opportunities for extra credit will surface during the course of the year.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___