With rising concern over the new coronavirus outbreak that is currently centered in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China, our district continues to carefully monitor the situation and heed guidance that has been provided by the New Jersey Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
At this time, the NJ Department of Health has advised no restrictions on any person without symptoms, including individuals who have recently returned from China and their contacts. If a person is asymptomatic, he/she may go to work and school. Schools are being advised to adhere to exclusion recommendations for respiratory diseases, and continue the cleaning and health recommendations that are recommended during the flu season.
The best way to prevention infection for all of the above mentioned illnesses including coronavirus include:
• Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth
• Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
• Staying home when sick and avoiding close contact with others
• Covering mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing and throwing away tissues
• Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces