Welcome to your child’s fifth grade experience! I am very excited about kicking off this school year with your child in my classroom! I believe that what happens in this classroom will affect your child’s future. Throughout the course of the school year, your child will learn and grow more and more each day. He or she may even come home exhausted from all the thinking done during the day!
Parent communication is valued in this room, so it is essential that we are all on the same page from day one. Attached you will find the discipline plan that was discussed with the students in class. I ask you also to please take a moment to review my classroom discipline plan.
I have a fantastic group of students this year and am looking forward to an exciting year ahead! Questions or concerns are always welcomed. I can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class Discipline Plan
- I am here for you – for you to succeed and enjoy this class. Because I care about each of you, I am here to help you. So I will not allow you to do anything that will interfere with your success in the class.
- We will be working together this year. I need to have a class where you can come without fear of being ridiculed or threatened. Because I care about all of you, I will not allow you to do anything that will interfere with someone else who is trying to learn.
- I am the teacher, and I am looking forward to being your teacher this year. I have an exciting year of learning planned for you and I will not allow you to do anything to interfere with my desire to teach you. Nor will I allow you to do anything that will interfere with all of us having an enjoyable year.
- So that you can learn, so that we can learn, so that I can teach, I have a set of rules to ensure that I will have an orderly classroom. Please review these rules with your parents. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Walk into the classroom quietly.
- Remove jacket or coat and empty backpack or bag.
- Hang items up NEATLY in the closet.
- Hand in any required forms or notes to the designated bin.
- Begin Do Now for the day that is posted on the board.
- Quietly complete the Do Now while the teachers are taking attendance and lunch count.
End of the Day Routine
- Quietly wait for your group to be called to pack up. As you are waiting, make sure that your desk is neat. Nothing should be placed on the floor.
- Once packing, make sure to go to your mailbox to retrieve any notices that need to go home. Also, be sure to have your agenda pad filled out properly.
- Double check your backpack to make sure you have all necessary materials needed to complete assignments.
- There should be no talking when the busses start to be announced.You are not to leave the class until the list is repeated
- Proceed to destination (bus, walker loop, Falcon Care) for dismissal.
- Be Respectful
- to everyone and everything
- Be Responsible
- for your actions – NO EXCUSES!
- Be Prepared
- by entering on time, with all necessary materials
- Be a Role Model
- by setting good examples
- Find a distraction-free workspace
- Cellphones, and other electronic devices not needed for school should be powered off during the school day.
If You Choose To Break A Rule
First Time: Verbal warning/discuss
Second Time: A written description of the behavior and how to show improvement
Third Time: Phone call home.
Fourth Time: Parent-teacher conference
Fifth Time: Send to principal/detention (including any severe disruptions).
- Praise (daily)
- Positive notes home (random)
- Various other positive perks (throughout the school year)
An enjoyable, interesting, and challenging class (each day of the school year)
Test and Quizzes
- Will be graded using percentages
- Will be graded as followed:
- Check ++ = 100
- Check + = 95-90
- Check = 85-80
- Check- = 75-70
- Check- - = 69 and below
- Please refer to homework procedures page.
- An assignment is considered missing if it is not turned in within 10 days of original due date. If it is not turned in, you will receive a ZERO in the gradebook.
- Opportunities for extra credit will surface during the course of the year.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___