Prepping for Remote Learning
Create a set work area
- Table and chair(s)
- Your child should be seated in a 90/90/90 position (see photos). If your child is seated in a large chair at a big table, please make appropriate accommodations for them so they are seated correctly with the computer at the appropriate height (i.e., place a stool under their feet, place a pillow behind their backs, raise the computer)
Computer/Laptop/Other device (iPad/tablet)
- We recommend using a device other than a phone to allow your child a full view of the teacher(s) and the screen
- Make sure you have any accessories (keyboard, mouse, stylus, etc.) and the charger easily accessible
Reinforcing items or activities
- These may vary day-to-day!
- Identify items prior to coming to the work area for your first session
- Run a preference assessment!
- Bring over preferred items and keep them near your work area
- Try to have at least 3-5 items available just in case your child changes their mind!
- iPad (that is not being used for work)
- Mini golf-sized pencils are recommended (may be dropped off by your child’s teacher!)
- Scissors – we use the self-opening ones in the classroom!
- Glue (liquid)
- Glue stick
- Paper (plain)
- Index cards
- Timer - for example, a digital timer, your phone timer, kitchen timer, etc.