Sport SeasonFamilyIDRegistration OpensFamilyID Closes(All Forms Due) First Day of Practice
Fall 2020June 29August 3
Sept. 14: Football, Girls Tennis, Soccer, Field Hockey, X-Country, Cheer, Girls Volleyball
SPORTS REGISTRATION INFORMATION:Monroe Township High School uses a online registration for athletic programs called Family ID. To set up or sign into your secure Family ID account, click the Family ID Sports Registration box.Sports physical can be mailed, Emailed, or dropped off to the high school on Tuesday’s or Thursday’s between 9 – 12 pm. If Emailed PDF attachment only. NO PICTURES.TO REGISTER
Step 1: Register in Family ID for desired sport (must be done for every sports season)
CLICK TO ACCESS: Family ID sports registration
**If you need assistance with Family ID, please call Family ID at 888-800-5583, X1. Support is available 7 days per week, and messages will be returned promptly.
Step 2: Submit pre-participation physical forms to the school nurse once a year (physical valid for 365 days)
Step 3: Submit Allergy or Asthma Action Plan to the school nurse along with the sports physical IF your child has a food allergy/or asthma (required every school year).
**PLEASE NOTE: If your child’s physical exam is due after the paperwork deadline, please call the school nurse at 732-521-2882 X6005 to be placed on the sports physical late list.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CONCUSSION TESTING:
Monroe Township High School utilizes a software program to assess head injuries, called ImPACT. This program tests all athletes pre-season and obtains a baseline measurement on neurocognitive function. During the season, if an athlete has a suspected head injury, he/she is retested and the result is compared to the original, baseline measurement. An athlete is not allowed to return to play after a head injury until he/she has written permission from a doctor and has completed the return to play protocol.One baseline ImPACT exam is valid for two years (unless a concussion is sustained - then a new baseline exam will be needed. The following athletes must take the ImPACT exam to ensure one baseline exam is taken every two years:
- Any new students to Monroe Township High School Athletics who has not taken a baseline ImPACT Test in the past two years.
- Any student who suffered a concussion during the previous school year.
Please click on: Concussion Information for additional information.
AGEAn athlete becomes ineligible for high school athletics if he/she attains the age of 19 prior to September 1. However, any athlete attaining the age of 19 after September 1, shall be eligible for the ensuing school year. No student shall be eligible for high school athletics after the expiration of 8 consecutive semesters following his or her entrance into 9th grade. If an 8th grader is going to be 16 prior to entering the 9th grade, they are eligible to participate in high school sports.
- To be eligible to participate in sports under the NJSIAA eligibility guidelines during the Fall and Winter seasons, a student must earn 30 credits at the conclusion of the second semester of the previous school year.
- To be eligible for the Spring season, a student must have earned a minimum of 15 credits, or 50% of the required 30 credits, at the conclusion of the first semester. If any student is eligible at the start of a sports' season, he/she remains eligible for that season regardless of his/her grades at the end of a marking period.
- *All incoming freshmen are automatically academically eligible to participate in sports for the Fall and Winter seasons.