1. If a teacher arranges a sub privately, they are not able to assign a sub until the absence is approved.
YES, that is correct
Once it is approved, Aesop was not allowing teachers to assign that sub. Has this been corrected?
Nothing to correct.
The only reasons Aesop would not allow a teacher to assign a sub would be the following:
a. the sub is already assigned elsewhere
b. it is too close to the start of the absence or in the case of a half day, an overlap of a.m. and p.m.times
c. the sub has already worked too many hours or this assignment would put them over the Affordable Care Act limit of hours per week (30) /month (130)
d. the sub has blocked themselves from work that day
e. the school has blocked that sub from working at their school
2. There is no option in the drop down menu for Field Trips.
There has always been a field trip option for the building secretaries to create a field trip vacancy. I have now added an absence reason called field trip as well.
3. Staff members were told to put in for Personal Days in advance since Aesop has replaced the old paper approval forms. How much time in advance do staff members have to enter this in Aesop? Article 15 B Personal Leaves states that “Application for leave shall be made to the building principal at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the day or days desired, if possible.
This should be set up to follow contract. 48 hours will allow the Principal time to approve the absence and Aesop time to fill it.
4. In the event of a flat tire or some other emergency, there is no option in the drop down menu for Emergency Personal Day. Since staff members were told to put in for a Personal Day in advance, how should staff members enter this type of absence? Isn’t a sup assigned only AFTER the personal day has been approved?
In the event of an emergency, contact your building administrator. After notification of an emergency, the building secretary would enter the absence for the employee.
5. In the event that a staff member is going to be late due to inclement weather or any other unforeseen issue, there is no one in the main office at the HS to answer the phone at the early hour after we leave our homes. Aesop does not have any method of handling calling a sub for 1st block. What is the procedure for this?
This should be treated the same as the emergency situation above.
6. If a staff member puts in for a personal day and then realizes he/she no longer needs the personal day, how long does he/she have to rescind the personal day?
Staff members can only edit/cancel absences for future dates. Same day or past changes need to be made by the Principal/his or her designee.
What is this heart icon on my preference list?
When setting up your preferred substitutes list, you’ll see a small heart icon next to each name. While you’re able to add any number of substitutes to your preference list, Aesop allows you to rank five substitutes on that list to receive advanced notification of your absence. All of the substitutes on your list can log in to see the absence at the same time, but your “favorite five” substitutes will be notified by email and phone that there is an absence available to them.
The difference between a teacher’s preferred subs and their favorite five is that the favorite five are notified in advance of the job. The Favorite Five are sent an advanced email to tell them about the job and possibly even called about the job in advance during the first evening call period after it is created. They would only be called if the job has not yet been picked up.
It is important to note that ALL subs on the employee’s preference list (whether marked as favorite five or not) have the exact same visibility. The only difference is that the favorite five get the advanced notification email/phone call. Which means a sub that is on the preference list but not fave five could log in online and view the job right after it is created or even call in over the phone and hear the job before the favorite five even have a chance to pick it up.
How can I schedule a specific substitute into an absence?
Depending on your district’s settings, you may have the ability to assign a specific substitute to your absence provided they are fully qualified and available. If you have that permission, you will see a button to Save or Save and Assign when creating your absence . Clicking Save and Assign will bring up an option to search for available substitutes or select them from the preferred substitutes list.
How far in advance can I create an absence?
There are two methods of entering your absences. If you enter your absence over the phone, it can be done up to one month in advance. If you enter the absence online, it can be entered up to one year in advance.
What if there is a substitute that I never want in my classroom?
If there is a substitute that you never want in your classroom, you will need to add them to your excluded substitutes list. In your account settings, you will see this tab right below the preferred substitutes list. Simply hit Add Substitutes and find the names you need to exclude. This will prevent them from ever seeing jobs for your classroom. If you don’t see this tab in your account settings, you will need to contact your district’s Aesop Administrator to have that list built.
How do I attach a file to all my absences? What types of files can be attached?
With each absence you create, you have the option to upload a single file to that absence. However, you can also have Aesop automatically attach a file to each absence you create within a specified date range. To upload this file, simply navigate to the "Account" tab and click Shared Attachments. Here, you can choose a file from your computer or drag and drop a file for upload. Files that can be uploaded must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx and must be less than 256 kb in size.
Aesop allows the administrators and employees to specify certain subs as preferred, thus giving them preference over others. These preferred subs are contacted first and have the ability to view jobs online before their peers, depending on visibility settings.
Check out the “Setting Up a School’s Preferred Substitute List” article for more on the details of setting up a preference list.