2022-2023 Invitations were sent to eligible 8th grade students via Google Classroom during the week of October 11-14.
If you did not receive one, please contact Mr. Schneider and Ms. Marchini.
We have updated our bylaws including information for our current school year.
You can view them here: MTMS Junior Honor Society Bylaws
Invitations have already been sent out based on the eligibility criteria listed in the Bylaws document. For eligibility in the 2022-23 school year, we manually looked at academic grades from the 7th grade school year for EVERY student.
2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR JHS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. In the 2021-2022 school year, students must have had a final grade of 90% or above in each class. No individual marking period grade should have gone below an 85% (with the exception of Accelerated math/geometry where we used 80% as a threshold).
2. In the first marking period of the 2022-2023 school year, students must have a combined overall average of 90% or above for all of their classes. Students must maintain an 85% or above in each individual class (and 80% in Algebra and Geometry).
3. Although community service requirements are reinstated, we are not going to be firmly demanding a proven 10 hours of service prior to applying. If students have proof of service, they are welcome to submit it. If not, a written narrative of how they contribute/"give back" to their community will suffice.
Here are some fundamental guidelines:
1. Membership in the MTMS Honor Society is limited to 8th graders.
2. Applications must be submitted online before the stated deadline (11:55pm on Nov. 1, 2023). NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Students will receive an e-mail receipt of their application if it successfully goes through.
3. If admitted, students will be required to fulfill continued academic standards, demonstrate good character, and participate in monthly meetings throughout the school year to maintain membership.
Advisors: Ms. Giovanna Marchini & Mr. Sam Schneider