Welcome to Monroe Township Middle School Athletics
ALL STUDENTS INTERESTED IN TRYING OUT FOR A FALL SPORT MUST REGISTER ON FAMILY ID. PLEASE READ BELOW FOR ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
SPORTS REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
Monroe Township Middle School is now using the convenience of online registration for athletic programs, using a secure online registration site called FamilyID. To set up or sign into your secure FamilyID account, go to FamilyID website by clicking the FamilyID Sports Registration box.
FamilyID Registration Opens
FamilyID Deadline (All Forms Due)
June 2, 2019
August 9, 2019
Sept. 5, 2019
CLICK TO ACCESS: FAMILYID ONLINE SPORTS REGISTRATION
CLICK TO ACCESS: CHECKLIST OF REQUIRED FORMS
Once on the FamilyID website, please follow these instructions to register for sports at Monroe Township High School.
- Click on 2019 MTMS Sports Registration of the season your sport takes place.
- Scroll to the bottom of the MTMS Sports Registration page and click on "Sign Up as a Family or Individual." (If you already have a FamilyID account, you can click "Log In" to log into your account)
- Set up a Family ID account by entering your family name, email address, and password.
- You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don't see the email, check your spam or junk folders.)
- Click on the link in your email confirmation. This will return you to the Sports Registration.
- Fill out the information requested on the form and submit.
- After your sign-up is complete, you will receive an email from FamilyID, confirming that your sign-up was successful (Hard copies need to be turned into the school nurse; see checklist)
- Log into FamilyID at anytime to update your information and to check your registrations.
If you need assistance with Family ID, please call FamilyID at 888-800-5583, Extension 1. Support is available 7 days per week, and messages will be returned promptly.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS: Please note that the online registration process does not change the requirements to submit the following health and medical information in hard copy, directly to the school nurse.
The Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Form; History Form, Special Needs Form (if needed), Physical Examination Form, and Clearance Form. Along with any medication orders if needed, must be filled out, signed and submitted in hard copy to the school nurse by the deadline date for each sports season. Those forms can be downloaded and printed from this webpage - find them below, under the heading "Required Forms."
ATHLETIC HEALTH FORMS:
Please click on the name of the highlighted form to download and print. These must be filled out, signed and turned in to the school nurse by the deadline date:
Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Form: Required once per year to reflect a medical examination date within 365 days prior to first practice.
Please note that Pre-Participation Physical Evaluations and Clearance Form must be completed by a health care provider who has completed the student-athlete cardiac assessment professional development module.
Health History Update Questionnaire: Required for each sports season. This form must be signed and dated no more than 90 days prior to the first day of the current sports season and returned in hard copy to the school nurse. This is a parent update that should be provided if the Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Form meets the above criteria and has been previously submitted to the school nurse.
Food Allergy Action Plan: Required every school year, as applicable. If a student athlete has a food, bug, or latex allergy, these required forms must be on file with the school nurse at the start of each new school year. Please click to download and print.
Asthma Treatment Plan: Required every school year, as applicable. If a student athlete has asthma this required form must be on file with the nurses office at the start of each new school year. Student is also required to keep an inhaler in the coaches medication box during the school sports season. Please click to download and print.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CONCUSSION TESTING:
Monroe Township Middle School utilizes a software program to assess head injuries, called ImPACT. This program tests all athletes pre-season and obtains a baseline measurement on neurocognitive function. During the season, if an athlete has a suspected head injury, he/she is retested and the result is compared to the original, baseline measurement. An athlete is not allowed to return to play after a head injury until he/she has written permission from a doctor and has completed the return to play protocol.
One baseline ImPACT exam is valid for two years (unless a concussion is sustained - then a new baseline exam will be needed. The following athletes must take the ImPACT exam to ensure one baseline exam is taken every two years:
- 7th graders
- 8th graders (only if they did not take the test in the 7th grade)
- Any new students to Monroe Township Middle School Athletics who has not taken a baseline ImPACT Test in the past two years.
- Any student who suffered a concussion during the previous school year.
Please click on: Concussion Information for additional information.