Barclay Brook Elementary SchoolAwards & Accomplishments
- Recognized as one of New Jersey's Top 31 Elementary Schools by New Jersey Monthly Magazine, September, 2001
- "Outstanding Achievement in Science Teaching" Given by Sigma XI, Rutgers University Chapter, Scientific Research Society. Nomination sent in by Carol Schwalje. This award was received by Margaret Delmonaco -- first grade teacher, 2000-2001
- "Writers-In-The-Schools" – Residency Grant N.J. State Council on the Arts/Playwrights Theatre of N.J. Residency received by Carol Schwalje, 2002-2003
- "Dance in Education" Residency Grant Arts Council of Morris Area Residency received by Carol Schwalje, 2000-2001
- National Distinguished Principal's Award -- Carol Schwalje, 1999-2000
- "Excellence in the Teaching of Reading" -- Given by the International Reading Association for Central N.J. Council - Nomination received by Barbara Cogliandro – second grade teacher, 1999 – 2000
- Recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence -- one of 266 schools nationwide, 1998-99
- Recognized as a New Jersey Star School -- one of ten schools state-wide, 1998-99
- Recognized in the NJ State Department of Education for the Star Schools/Best Practices Program, 1992
- Recognized by WOR/Channel 9's A+ for Kids Network
- Participated in the Writers-in-the-Schools Program by a grant received from the New Jersey Council of the Arts
- Recognized by the NJ State Department of Education for The Pride in Who We Are Program
- Evelyn P. Bickhan Award: Outstanding Undergraduate Alumni Award – Carol Schwalje
- Circus Minimus Residency Grant – Morris County Council of the Arts: Carol Schwalje - 2003
- Character County Post Office Program – recognized by the National Character Education Conference: Kathy O’Rourke – 2002
- Toshiba America Foundation Grant – received for math and science: Joyce Siniscalchi & Dawn Marie DeLuca – 2002
- National Elementary Principal’s Association Nominating Committee: Carol Schwalje – 2002 and 2003
- 2005 - 2006 - Barclay Brook received Middle States Accreditation from November 2005 to May 30, 2013.
- 2005 - 2006 - Received Grant - NJ State Council of the Arts/Playwrights Theater of New Jersey.
2005 - 2006 - Character Education Program - received from the Boyer Foundation. Kathy O'Rourke, Guidance Counselor, received the grant for $1,000 for honorable mention.
2006 - 2007 - Received Grant - Morris County Council of the Arts, partial funding of the seond grade Circus Around the World Program.
2006 - 2007 - Received Grant - NJ State Council of the Arts/Playwrights Theater of New Jersey.